Monday, December 14, 2009

Going with a DOC Band

Little Man goes for his scan at Cranial Technologies this week.  My husband and I decided to go with an active band (and pay out of pocket) rather than get a passive one (from Hanger) even though our insurance would pay 100% for it.  Yep, we're paying $3600, which we don't have since I really haven't heard well of passive bands/helmets from other plagio moms.

I got a better feeling from CT. They ONLY do this. Hanger, while it seems like a great company, does not.  Plus they helmet for 6 months as opposed to the 2-3 estimate from Cranial Technologies.  I know it could take longer and, honestly, we most likely would not go with a 2nd band if the improvement is good enough. But I felt more confidence in the staff of CT and am very optimistic about how Little Man will do.

On a positive note, my parents and Dude's parents are going to help us financially.  So the cost of the helmet isn't so scary high. It's still a hit, but their help has eased some of our burdens.  And it goes to our out-of-network deductible... that's something, right? I just need to make sure that CT submits it to our health insurance.

Another thing that's helping us is a Care Credit loan. It's like a credit card for health care expenses. Only that you get a 0% interest option for up to 24 months—though in this case it was for 12. But 12 is better than nothing, right?

In other news: Little Man is 4 months old today!

He goes for his well baby appointment (and shots... poor guy) on Wednesday. I'm so curious as to how big he is.  I'm guessing he'll have doubled his birth weight and be 18 pounds.  And I hope the pediatrician gives the go ahead for rice cereal, since he's always hungry. I'll update on Wednesday and will share his 4 month photo.

And as an update to his Torticollis, he's doing really well in physical therapy.  I'm really glad about that.  I hope he'll only go for a few more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment