Here is my nighttime routine in short:
- Get Little Man upstairs
- Sit him on the potty and cheer if he pees!
- Get him in his overnight diaper and pajamas
- Brush his teeth
- Give kisses and pass him off to daddy
- Go downstairs to my parents' suite
- Help my mom go to the bathroom
- Help my mom into her adult diaper
- Help my mom out of her clothes/into her nightgown
- Kiss her goodnight
- Go upstairs to sit with my husband and job hunt*
*Note: I am currently unemployed and seeking full time employment. It has been a rough month or so and hopefully I will find something before unemployment insurance runs out this Winter.
So finding the balance between caring for everyone and digging myself out of a financial hole that I dug myself for the most part, is not easy. And when I do get that new job, I'll have to balance full-time daycare drop offs and being a working mother as well as a part-time caregiver (my dad actually does most of it). Add to the mix my sibling living here and not contributing and adding to emotional turmoil... well, I don't know how long we'll last and then my mother will suffer.
It's hard being in the generation I am in and being an "older" mother. My situation is a big part of why we chose to be "one and done" because if I had two, I think I'd be having a breakdown. I just cannot split my attention any further. It is not an easy road ahead of me... I just hope I have the energy to get myself where I should be and our family in a better place.