Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A week's vacation from the DOC Band

Last Thursday, during Little Man's final adjustment at Cranial Technologies, his clinician said that if the red marks on his forehead don't go away during the hour break for cleaning (the helmet) and bath time, then I should just discontinue use.  Well, that happened. There were major marks on his head and his last day in DOC Band #1 was that night—February 18th.

His second DOC Band won't be in until this Thursday, February 25th, so Little Man is enjoying a week off from his helmet.

I'm sad that he lost a week's growth and I hope the weather forecast of snow holds off until AFTER his appointment on Thursday. I don't want to lose any more time.  Little Man will be nearly 6.5 months old (6 months two weeks) when he gets the second band.  And while I want him to get as much out of it as possible, I hope he'll only be in the helmet through April.  It would be nice for him to graduate before the warm weather.

And by going forward with a 2nd helmet, he'll be wearing one during our vacation for my 40th birthday in April.  While most people have been kind and encouraging, I wonder how he'll be received.  I hope in the same manner.  I guess the decorations help.  I'm not sure how I'm going to decorate this time. I'll probably just get stickers this time, from Michael's (does anyone know of any  other places to get stickers?) and use the Modge Podge to seal.  But I still feel that Coree at BlingYourBand does a great job and I'd buy a second design from her as well.

Not much else to report.  I'm sleep deprived again because I think more teeth are coming. The first two are out and there are 18 more to come. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment