Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally Done with the DOC Band!

After 16 weeks and 2 helmets, Little Man is done with his DOC Band(s). This past Sunday, he developed red marks that did not fade after an hour. So Dude and I decided to remove the helmet and be done with it. I called Cranial Technologies on Monday morning and scheduled Little Man's exit appointment for Friday. Once I have the final photo study and measurements, I'll share here for my fellow plagio & brachy parents. But here are photos I took today of his head from top, right and left angles. I think he looks pretty darn good!





4 comments:

  1. Definitely looks like a normal head to me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son started his band about 2 weeks ago. I find your blog very interesting and helpful. It's nice to see your son's progress and also your opinion of the process. I noticed that you chose to remove your son's band. Was this your choice or was this an option given by CT? We have already seen improvement in our son's head, but are having reoccuring red patches. I'd love to hear more about your experience if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, you asked about how my husband and I chose to remove the band... well, he was almost done anyway. His clinician at CT told me that she wasn't sure if she could make another adjustment or not and to remove the band if he got any red marks that didn't fade after an hour. But this was after 8 weeks in his 2nd DOC Band (he wore his 1st for 8 weeks as well) and I think we were just ready for him to be done.

    My son had troublesome red spots at first, but after a few trips to CT for adjustments and one relief at his holding point (he had a posterior band and stronger holding pressure) we were fine. But my overall experience was positive and my son's head looks great.

    If you have any specific questions, I can email you. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete